HISTORY OF THE RAUKAWA TRUST BOARD
In 1987 the Ngati Raukawa Trust Board was established as under the Charitable Trusts Act (1957) as the result of the vision of the kaumatua. Its purpose was to manage the social, cultural and economic affairs of the whanau, marae and hapu of the Raukawa takiwa. The Board’s name was official amended to ‘Raukawa Trust Board’ in 1994.
The Raukawa takiwa is represented by four Pou Whenua: Te Pae O Raukawa, Wharepuhunga, Maungatautari and Te Kaokaoroa O Patetere. The takiwa encompasses the areas of Matamata Piako, Cambridge, Te Awamutu, Kihikihi, Putaruru, Tirau, Fitzgerald Glade, Tokoroa, Atiamuri, Whakamaru and Mangakino.
The current trustees include:
* Marlene Rangikataua and Miriata Kidwell - Te Pae O Raukawa
* John Edmonds and Whawharua Wright - Wharepuhunga
* Elthea Pakaru and Thomas Smith - Te Kaokaoroa O Patetere
Trust Board Site: